Floating rice cake sweet soup is not only a refreshing and delicious dish but also a feature of Vietnamese traditional cuisine. There are many kinds of sweet soup in Vietnam but the floating rice cake sweet soup has a very special flavour that will make you never forget. The round beautiful rice cake is soaked in the warm, fragrant sweet soup from ginger and sugar. It will be the most fascinating flavour that you have ever tasted. This traditional dish is from the south of Vietnam and usually cooked on cold winter days or some Vietnamese traditional festivals. In this article, Vina.com will show you a simple way to cook this famous Vietnamese floating rice cake sweet soup recipe. The glutinous rice flour is wrapped outside the mung beans with the sweet sugar soup and aromatic roasted sesame that surely will make all members of your family enjoy it. No need to wait, let’s start and make it now!
How to Make Vietnamese Floating Rice Cake Sweet Soup Recipe
- 150g glutinous rice flour
- 100g of brown sugar
- 70g mung beans
- Fresh Pandan leaves
- 10g sugar
- White sesame
– Soak the mung beans in warm water for 30-60 minutes to soften.
– Put a pot on the stove and add the mung beans to it. Then fill the water in and cook until all the beans are softened.
– When the beans are soft, crush them or blend them in a blender.
– Add sugar, salt and cooking oil to the ground beans.
– Turn on the stove at low heat and stir-fried the ground mung beans to infuse all the spices.
– Then turn off the stove, let the ground beans cool and shape it into small balls.
– Put the glutinous rice flour into a large bowl, add warm water slowly and mix well.
– Knead the dough for 5 – 10 minutes until it is soft and smooth.
– Then shape the dough into small balls that are double the mung bean balls size.
– Flatten the dough ball, and put a mung bean ball inside. Wrap the dough completely surround the mung bean ball and you will get the rice cake.
– Slice the ginger into thin long slices
– Place a pot of water on the stove. When the water is boiling, put the rice cake into the boiling pot.
– When the rice cakes are floating, keep boiling for another 5 minutes and take the cake into a bowl of cold water.
– Add 300ml of water to the pot, add sugar, pandan leaves and ginger to boil.
– When it is boiling, add the floating rice cakes to the pot and cook for more 5 minutes.
– When it is done, turn off the stove and put the cake into a bowl. Then sprinkle sesame seeds on top and enjoy.
This Vietnamese floating rice cake sweet soup recipe is perfect to enjoy in winter or even in summer. Sweet floating rice cake soup is a tasty snack for your family. For more amazing Vietnamese recipes, check out our website. Let’s try to make them and share with your loved ones.
- Vietnamese Grapefruit Sweet Soup – Sweet Dessert To Enjoy For All Seasons
- Easy Steps to Make Vietnamese Jackfruit Glutinous Rice Cake Recipe – A Speciality From The Central
By Phuong Khanh