Vietnamese beef shank salad recipe is a great mid-week family meal, which is full of flavor. It has the right balance of salty, sour, sweet, and spicy tastes. This fragrant and fresh dish is perfect for a low-carb or light lunch or dinner. Plus, it is really simple to make and good for you. Enjoy!
Vietnamese Beef Shank Salad Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions
- 400g of beef heel muscle
- Two carrots
- Lemons, garlic, shallots
- One onion
- Bell pepper
- Broth mix
- Ground pepper
- Corn flour
- Roasted peanuts
- Fish sauce
- Fresh vegetables and herbs
- Slice the onion and soak them in a bowl of ice water. Peel the cucumber and bell pepper and cut into 2-3 cm pieces. Cut or shred the carrots into thin pieces.
- Slice the shallots. Crush and mince the garlic.
- Cut the beef heel muscle into thin pieces. Mix these pieces with 1 tablespoon of broth mix, ground pepper, ½ tablespoon of corn flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar in a bowl and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Put all of the ingredients, including carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, onion in a big bowl.
- Add 4 tablespoons of vinegar, 1,5 tablespoon of sugar, 5 to 6 tablespoons of water to it and turn evenly. Leave it on for 30 minutes. After that, take them out and squeeze out the water.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a pan. When the oil starts boiling, you mix 1 tablespoon of corn flour with finely chopped shallots, put in the pan, and sauté it. Once done, remove the onions from the oil and put it into a bowl.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the oil used to fry shallots in the beef and mix well for 10 minutes so that the beef will be softer.
- Heat a pan, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, then sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add beef and stir-fry over a high-heat until medium-well.
- Combine the above vegetable mixture with the beef.
- Dissolve two tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Pour this liquid into the vegetable-beef mixture. Add some minced garlic, roasted peanuts, and herbs and mix everything well.
- Put the salad on a plate, top with fried onion, and enjoy.
By Mai Cao