When it comes to the green sticky rice cake, everyone will be easily able to imagine a fresh and cool sky of Hanoi in autumn, just like the taste of this cake. Sticky rice cake with the sweet, cool flavor blended in the soft green crust, and sweet bean fillings will create an unforgettable impression for anyone who has ever tried it! Green sticky rice cake has long been a specialty of Hanoi people. Everyone thinks that sticky-rice flakes are only available in autumn, but now it is dried and sold all year round. So if you like this flavor, you can buy it at any time. Green sticky rice cake is sticky, chewy, sweet, and fragrant, which gives you unforgettable feelings when eating it. If you have free time, please try making the Vietnamese cake!
Delicious Vietnamese Green Sticky Rice Cake Recipe
Ingredients For Vietnamese Green Sticky Rice Cake
- 300g of young sticky-rice flakes
- 100g of sugar
- 20g of glutinous rice flour
- 50g of peeled green beans
- A handful of pandan fragrant leaves
- Grapefruit essential oil/vanilla (optional)
Detailed Instructions For Vietnamese Green Sticky Rice Cake:
- Rinse the peeled green beans, put them in the pot, and simmer.
- Rinse the pandan fragrant leaves, cut it into short chunks, and put it into a blender machine. Blend it with 100ml of water and filter its juice.
- Wash the young sticky-rice flakes with warm water. Put the sticky-rice flakes in the pandan juice, and soak for one hour.
- Mash the simmered green beans finely. Add 50g of sugar, and continue to mash the ingredients. Add glutinous rice flour, stir well.
- To thicken the cake fillings, put the mixture in a pan heated with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Turn down the heat and start thickening the cake fillings. Add 1-2 drops of grapefruit essential oil/vanilla to make it more fragrant. Continue thickening it until the green beans are very sticky.
- Put 300ml of water into a pot. Add the rest of the sugar to it, and boil the water.
- Cook the sticky-rice flakes in the boiling water at medium heat until it is smooth. Note: If the mixture runs out of the water, add more water to boil until the sticky-rice flakes are finely smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of glutinous rice flour and stir it up to get a sticky mixture. Turn off the heat.
- Cut one piece of plastic wrap, rub the cooking oil on it, and add the young sticky-rice flake mixture.
- Place the filling in the middle of the cake and fold the cake square.
- Keep wrapping cakes until the end of the sticky-rice flake mixture.
- Put the cakes in the refrigerator for 1 day.
- Enjoy the delicious cakes.
When these cakes are done, it looks very attractive and beautiful, doesn’t it? Hopefully, the way to make delicious green sticky rice cake with sweet bean fillings above will help you know how to make this unique dish of the North for the whole family. I wish you success and do not forget to accompany Vina.com to learn more recipes to prepare simple dishes according to the best way! Good luck!
- Vietnamese Street Style Snails – What & Where To Enjoy In Hanoi?
- Grilled Quail Eggs – Trung Cut Nuong – A New Vietnamese Street Food
By Nga Do