Crab noodle soup with pork hock recipe (Bún cua giò heo) is a dish that is full of water, vegetables, tofu, and herbs and is also loved by a lot of Vietnamese people. Although it will take some time to make, you won’t be disappointed. We will cook this dish with an easy method, but still delicious results. We will let you know how to make this dish below.
How To Make Vietnamese Crab Noodle Soup With Pork Hock Recipe
- 0,5kg of ground field crabs
- One pork hock
- Pig blood curd (cut into pieces)
- Fried tofu
- Ground pork
- An egg
- Shallots, garlic, minced scallions
- Sliced banana flower, water morning-glory (splitted), green onions
- Two tomatoes (each cut into 6 wedges)
- Salt, MSG, broth mix, sugar, pepper
- Fresh rice noodles
- You can buy annatto oil or make its oil from annatto seeds. Remember to boil down the oil on low heat.
- Mix the ground crabs with ⅓ teaspoon of salt. Add water to the mixture and use a sieve to filter. You filter several times until the water is pure. Set the water pot aside.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of salt into the pork hock and then clean it with boiling water. Then, clean again with water to remove the impurities. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Marinate the pork hock pieces with two tablespoons of annatto oil, ⅓ teaspoon of broth mix, a little salt, MSG, and sugar.
- Cook the pot of crab water and continue cooking until the crab meat is floating. Then, take the crab meat into a bowl of ground pork.
- Put the marinated pork hock pieces in the soup and stew it.
- Mix some chopped scallions, one egg, some broth mix, MSG, salt, and pepper in a bowl of ground pork & crab meat. Then, steam the mixture for fifteen minutes.
- Pour some annatto oil in a pan and heat it until hot. Sauté the chopped shallots and garlic until fragrant, add the chopped tomatoes, and turn evenly.
- When the pork hock pieces are tender, add the pig blood curd pieces, tomatoes, and fried tofu to the soup and season again to suit your flavor by adding 1 tablespoon each of broth mix and sugar, some MSG, and salt.
- Once the soup is cooked, put the fresh rice noodles into a bowl and top with the crab meat, pork hock, fried tofu, pig blood curd, chopped green onions, and boiling soup.
- Serve with sliced banana flowers and splitted water morning-glory and enjoy.
Read more other Vietnamese recipes:
- Vietnamese Fermented Fish Seafood Noodle Soup Recipe
- Vietnamese Sour Fish Soup Recipe
- Vietnamese Crab Soup
Vietnamese crab noodle soup with pork hock recipe is a cheap street food and is also easy to find. It is also not really hard to cook by yourself; thus, let’s try this dish by your own cooking now.
By Mai Cao