Corn milk (sữa bắp) is a healthy nutrient-rich drink for everybody, which is smelling and greasy. It is abundant in fiber, vitamins, protein, carbs, minerals, sugar, oil, and antioxidants, which can protect us from celiac disease and constipation. It is also good for the human brain due to its vitamins B, B1, B5, and B3. More importantly, it is useful for pregnant women since it is enriched with folic acid and vitamin C. This homemade drink is in the list of favorite foods in Vietnam, and below is an easy-to-follow Vietnamese corn milk recipe.
Corn Milk Recipe: An Easy-To-Do Vietnamese Healthy Drink
- 5 sweet corns
- Condensed milk
- 2 bags of fresh milk
- Remove the old corn leaves and keep only the young ones and corn silk. Place the young corn leaves and corn silk in a basket and the peeled corn in another basket
- Wash them carefully with water.
- After being well-washed, remove the corn seeds from corncobs using a sharp knife.
- Once done, put the corncobs, young corn leaves, and corn silk in a pot, pour 1.5 liter of water into it, and boil over high heat. After it reaches a boil, reduce the heat.
- Let the corn release its sweet while you blend the corn seeds in a blender and filter the liquid with a cloth or a strainer. You filter the corn slowly with 1.5l of water. Filter two times to remove all the residue. Finally, you have the corn milk.
- Remove the corn silk, young corn leaves, and corn cobs from the pot and filter out the water in a bowl. Let it cool and mix it in the corn milk.
- Put the above mixture in a clean pot and add to it ⅓ teaspoon of salt. Boil it and stir constantly so that the corn milk is not burnt. When the corn milk is slightly hot, gradually add a can of condensed milk and stir evenly.
- Once the corn milk is cooked, turn off the heat, add two bags of fresh milk to the pot, and stir well. Adding the fresh milk at this time helps the milk retain its fat.
- After leaving the corn milk to cool down, pour it into bottles, and store it in the fridge. Serve and enjoy!
How do you feel about this Vietnamese corn milk recipe? It is really interesting and tasty, right? This dish will help you change the boring everyday meal for your family or friends, especially on the weekends. We hope you love it and try making it next time.
By Mai Cao