Coconut sweet soup recipe is a traditional Vietnamese food with a delightful sweet taste, with the aromatic smell of coconut and peanuts. Its tasty flavour has made many diners love and remember forever. In the cold winter days or hot summer days, the coconut sweet soup is still served and enjoyed by every Vietnamese person year-round, from the north to the centre and the south of Vietnam. In this article, we will show you how to make this Vietnamese coconut sweet soup recipe. The summer is coming and this wonderful dish will be perfect to prepare for your family. Wait no more and check out the recipe as follows.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make Vietnamese Coconut Sweet Soup Recipe
- 1 coconut
- 300ml of coconut water
- 100ml of sweetened milk
- 100g of sugar
- 500ml condensed milk
- 300ml coconut milk
- 30g peanuts
- 5g jelly powder
- 100g tapioca flour
– Smash coconut to get the coconut water. You will get about 200ml of coconut water.
– Pour the coconut water into a pot and add 300ml coconut water.
– Add 50g of sugar and 5g of jelly powder in the pot.
– Place the pot to the stove, boil then lower the heat to simmer for 2 minutes and keep stirring.
– Pour 300ml coconut jelly water out to a jelly mold.
– Pour 50ml of coconut milk, 2tbsp sugar into the remaining 200ml of coconut jelly water in the pot and boil for 2 minutes.
– After the first jelly layer in the tray dries, pour the second layer on top and let them cool down.
– Pour all the coconut milk into the pot, add 50g of sugar, 100ml of sweetened milk, 50ml of condensed milk and boil.
– Take a small bowl, add 2 tbsp tapioca flour and 4 tbsp water then stir well. Pour the tapioca mixture into the pot and keep stirring.
– After 2 minutes turn off the heat and pour the coconut milk sweet sauce into a bowl to cool down.
– Use a knife to remove the coconut meat.
– Peel half of the coconut meat into small strips.
– Cut the other half of coconut meat to small cubes
– Pour 50ml of boiling water into the tapioca flour then mix well.
– Knead the dough until smooth then cut into small pieces
– Flatten the small dough, add the coconut in the middle and then wrap it into a small ball.
– Place the pot of water to the stove and boil.
– Put the coconut pearl into the boiling water. When the coconut pearls are floating, they are cooked. Turn off the stove.
– Put the coconut pearls on a bowl with water and ice.
– Put the pan on the stove, add some salt and the peanuts to roast over low heat.
– Cut the coconut jelly into small cubes.
– Take a cup, add coconut strips, coconut jelly, coconut pearl, ice cubes, coconut sweet sauce and roasted peanuts on top.
With just some steps, your Vietnamese coconut sweet soup recipe is done and ready to enjoy. This delicious dish absolutely will make your family members pleased. To make more rich and tasty Vietnamese recipes, take a look at our website and have fun.
- Easy Steps to Make Vietnamese Jackfruit Glutinous Rice Cake Recipe
- Traditional Vietnamese Floating Rice Cake Sweet Soup Recipe
By Phuong Khanh