If you are finding a tasty pork recipe that tastes hot and sweet, Braised shrimp and pork with pickled radish recipe (Tôm Thịt Kho Xá Bấu/Củ Cải Muối) might be what you’re looking for. The combination of pork belly, shrimps, and pickled radishes will make you fall in love with it for the first time. Best of all, this Vietnamese recipe is a simple dish to make at home and can be attempted by a beginner. If you are ready, let us, Vina.com, start cooking it right now.
Braised Shrimp And Pork With Pickled Radish Recipe: Easy To Follow
- 100g of pickled radishes
- 150g of fresh shrimp
- 150g of pork belly
- Chili pepper, shallots, green onions
- Two tablespoons of fish sauce
- Three tablespoons of sugar
- Broth mix, ground pepper, salt
- Vegetable oil
- 300ml of fresh coconut water (optional)
- Prepare a bowl of water, add ½ tablespoon of salt, and stir well. Soak the pickled radish in it for 15 minutes.
- Slice the pork belly into bite-sized pieces.
- Choose the medium-sized shrimps so that you just need to trim the antennae and heads.
- Chop and mince shallots, green onions, and chili pepper.
- Put the sliced pork belly into a bowl and add to it a little ground pepper, broth mix, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and ½ of the minced mixture of green onions, shallots, and chili pepper. Stir well and marinate for 20 minutes.
- For the soaked radishes, you squeeze it with the salt water soak and wash it carefully with clean water several times. Put the radishes into a bowl and marinate with 1 tablespoon of sugar for 30 minutes.
- Add some cooking oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar into a wok and then boil until the sugar melts completely and turns brown yellow. Add the rest of minced shallots, green onions, and chili pepper and toss until the mixture is golden brown. Put the pork belly into it and toss until firm.
- Pour 300ml of coconut water into the wok and simmer until it boils. Braise for half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, add the shrimp and continue braising for another 3 minutes. When the shrimp is done, add the radishes and some chopped green onions, and turn evenly. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve with cooked rice.
Read more other Vietnamese recipes:
This Vietnamese braised shrimp and pork with pickled radish recipe is the best way to make your family members or closest friends gathering around the table and eat a nutritious meal. We wish you success while cooking this dish. More importantly, if you have the opportunity to visit Vietnam, don’t forget to try this rustic dish with rice. It’ll be great to enjoy.
By Mai Cao