Pho is a popular dish in the North of Vietnam. It is loved by every Vietnamese and especially becomes famous among tourists. With many different version of Pho, it always brings a unique flavourful feeling.
Rolling Pho is a tasty change, especially Rolling Pho with Beef. There is no broth in this Rolling Pho with beef. It is very different from traditional beef noodle soup, Pho is cut into square pieces and rolled like spring rolls. Rolling Pho with beef is a great combination of beef, Pho, and fresh herbs with fish sauce. It is both refreshing, nutritious and easy to eat.
This time, we will show you some ways to make a delicious Vietnamese Rolling Pho recipe. Let’s start.
Delicious Vietnamese Rolling Pho Recipe – Easy To Follow
1. What to prepare:
- Square/ Rectangular Pho
- Cucumber, carrots
- Spices: fish sauce, pepper
- Shallots, garlic
- Fresh lettuce and herbs of all kind as your own favourite.
2. How to cook:
Step 1: Process the veggies
- Peel carrots and cucumber. Then cut carrots into small thin long pieces by the peeler.
- For the cucumber, you should remove seeds, just keep the pulp and cut them into long pieces like chopsticks. Then put them aside.
- Wash and cut the shallots into small slices. Remember do not chop or mince the shallots just cut them into thin slices.
- Wash then mince the garlic.
Step 2: Cook the beef
- Wash the beef several times and cut the raw beef into thin slices.
- Pour cooking oil to a hot pan, add shallot slices to the pan and fried. When the shallots turn yellow, take them out but keep the oil in the pan. These fried shallots will be added inside the rolling pho. However, if you don’t like them, you can also skip this step.
- In the same pan, put the minced garlic into it and stir-fry. When the garlic turns yellow and smells good, add all the beef into the pan.
- Stir-fry the beef and season to right taste then keep stir-frying until all are cooked. Take out a separate plate. Remember to put the pepper after turning off the heat and the beef is done. It will make the beef smell and taste better.
Step 3: Roll the Pho
- Spread the rectangular Pho on the plate. Put the lettuce first, then herbs, cucumber, carrots and beef. And then roll tightly. After rolling all the Pho, place on a dish and ready to serve.
Step 4: Make the dipping sauce
- You can check out other recipes in our website such as Vietnamese Fried Spring Roll Recipe to make the sweet and sour dipping sauce or can follow this recipe:
Add 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 spoonful of sauce, 1 spoon of vinegar or lime juice, 5 tablespoons of water, minced garlic, minced chilli, then stir well. You also can add carrots or kohlrabi to the sauce.
Notes: When rolling the Pho with ingredients, you need to tighten your hand so that it will be nice and neat.
Vietnamese Rolling Pho recipe with beef has many attractive flavours. It is the combination of rich marinated beef with herbs. All are wrapped in a chewy Pho then dip in sweet and sour sauce. This dish should be eaten immediately after cooking. It seems to be complicated but actually very simple and less time-consuming. You can also change the beef with pork, fish or any kind of food as your own favourite.
To learn more delicious Vietnamese recipes, visit our site. Hopefully, you will have a fun time in the kitchen.