Con Ga (Con Gà) Church in Da Lat is located on Tran Phu Street, also known as the Cathedral of Da Lat. This place is near a lot of famous hotels like Novotel, Sammy…
Con Ga Church is one of the typical ancient architecture left over from the French colonial period, which is one of the largest churches of the city. The origin of the church’s name comes from the large chicken statue on the top of the bell tower.
The church was built in 1931, completed in 1942. The Con Ga church is 65 meters long and 47 meters high. If you have the opportunity to climb the bell tower, you can see some beautiful scenes in the city.
The upper part of the church is fitted with 70 stained-glass panels in the style of medieval European architecture. Every Christmas, Con Ga church welcomes a lot of Da Lat tourists to visit and attend the ceremony.
In this article, Vina.com will expose some of the best attractions you can enjoy when coming to Con Ga Church in Da Lat.
- Top 20 Must-See Da Lat Attractions In Vietnam
- Shopping In Da Lat – Tips On What & Where To Buy For Tourists
- Dalat Tourism – Dalat Travel Guide From A To Z
- 17 Best Da Lat Restaurants – Where To Eat And Drink In Da Lat
- Opening Time:
+ Weekday: 5:15 a.m, 5:15 p.m
+ Sunday: 5:15 a.m, 7:00 a.m, 8:30 a.m, 4:00 p.m, 6:00 p.m
- Address: 15 Tran Phu Ward 3 Da Lat City, Lam Dong Province
Con Ga Church – A Sacred, Peaceful Place In Da Lat, Vietnam
1. How To Go To Con Ga Church In Da Lat
There is a simple way to travel from Da Lat center to Con Ga Church:
From the center of Da Lat, right at Lotteria restaurant, at the roundabout, you just need to follow the 2nd exit to Le Dai Hanh (Lê Đại Hành) to get out of the circle, going 100 meters to meet the first round, follow the 1st exit; enter Le Dai Hanh street, go 100 meters and turn left to Le Dai Hanh street, then go about 200 meters more and turn right into Tran Phu (Trần Phú) Street. After that, visitors will see Con Ga church.
2. The Best Time To Go To Con Ga Church
The best time to visit Con Ga Church is in the Christmas as it will be decorated beautifully, and you can freely take wonderful photos with friends and family.
- The ground of the church is built in a cross shape. It is 65 meters long, 14 meters wide, you a 47-meter-high bell tower. At that height, you can see every part of the city if you stand from the church bell tower and look down. The main door of the church faces Langbiang Mountain.
- The cathedral interior consists of 3 spaces: 1 large space in the middle and 2 small spaces on both sides. The section of the work clearly shows the rolling structure in the form of arc with the coils and the arch system. The columns in the interior have a column head system combined with a capacitor. Both the ground and the facade are strictly symmetrical in classic design
- The church’s facade has a high bell tower. The lines and details on the façade are designed to completely simulate the original of European models. The window is designed in circular arch shape, with strong, definitive lines. A special feature is that the ratio between blocks is very harmonious and tight.
- On the interior walls, there are reliefs made of cement and iron materials. Particularly, the outer wall is painted pink, bringing a sense of solemnity of a religious architectural work. This color also makes the church very eye-catching and therefore, many young people choose this place to take beautiful pictures.
Con Ga is not only the largest church in Da Lat, an important place in terms of religion and history belonging to the overall architecture of the city, but also one of the symbols associated with misty Da Lat. Da Lat city is famous for its romance from many different views. However, the church bell tower with a unique image of the Chicken is always imprinted in every view, giving tourists a feeling of peace. Con Ga church also bears the mark of culture and art on the plateau city of Da Lat. Thus, do not miss this destination if you have a chance to visit Da Lat once in your life! Last, if you have any personal experience in Con Ga Church, do not hesitate to share them with other readers by leaving your comments below.