- Prep Time: 25-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 – 10 minutes
- Serving: For 2 People
Vietnamese Stir-Fried Beef With Citronella Recipe (Bò Xào Xả) is a great idea for family meals in the cold weather in Northern Vietnam. Beef slices are thin, flavored with citronella stem, ginger, garlic, and spices. With the sweet taste of beef, the hot taste of chili pepper, and the scent of citronella mixed together, it must be a delicious irresistible food.
Ingredients Needed For Stir-Fried Beef With Citronella Recipe: (For 2 people to eat):
Detailed Instructions To Make Stir-Fried Beef With Citronella Recipe:
- Firstly, slice citronella stems, peel and mince garlic cloves, remove the chilli seeds and slice it, slice ginger into thin threads.
- Marinate thin sliced beef with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, and monosodium glutamate (MSG) within 20 minutes. Before stir frying, add about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into the marinated meat and mix evenly for the meat to be soft and not dry when eating. (Note: do not add the vegetable oil to meat while marinating, because the spices will not dissolve and penetrate the meat.)
- Put some oil in the pan, wait for the pan to heat and then put citronella to it, turn evenly until citronella get the light yellow, then pick out to one side.
- Place the beef marinated in a pan, stir well and swiftly about 2-3 minutes, then turn off the fire.
- Put sliced chilli pepper and stir-fried citronella into the stir-fried meat and mix well.
- Finally, get the meat into your dish and enjoy it when it is still hot.