Binh Chau hot springs (suối nước nóng Bình Châu) is the favorite destination of Vung Tau (Vũng Tàu), which gives you a chance to not only enjoy hot mineral springs but also admire the beautiful sunrise at the Ho Coc Beach (Biển Hồ Cốc).
So how to get to Binh Chau Hot Springs, what to do, where to eat and stay here? To have the most practical answers for such questions, do not ignore our experience of Binh Chau hot springs travel guide from A to Z below on Vina.com.
I. General Information About Binh Chau Hot Springs
Binh Chau hot springs is a warm and hot water bath consisting of 70 open water sprinklers with temperatures ranging from 37 to 82 degrees. According to some studies, the composition of Binh Chau hot springs is similar to other famous spring water in the world that has the power of treating some skin diseases or cardiovascular disease. This is the reason why Binh Chau hot springs are increasingly attracting many domestic and foreign tourists.
II. What To Do In Binh Chau Hot Springs?
Despite its location is on the coast, Binh Chau has a unique ecological tourism feature. Nestled in the primeval forest, Binh Chau hot springs always brings in the water flow with common temperatures of 50-72-80 degrees Celsius. This is why the mineral bath service and resort was born.
Binh Chau hot spring derives from the May Tau Mountain (Núi Mây Tàu) of Dong Nai Province. From the height of 30 meters, water flows down to several geological layers (volcanic rocks), then flows into the limestone, which is thousands of meters deep. After that, it is heated and exchanged chemically with rocks.
The hot water area covers more than 1 square kilometer, including many small and large lakes forming small flows. The largest lake is about 100m2 with a depth of more than 1m. This is the hottest spot, in which water is always bubbling and evaporating, forming a giant natural sausage.
Therapy, boiling eggs, mineral mud bath and sight-seeing are activities that you should not miss when visiting Binh Chau hot springs:
In the shallow water area of 40°C, visitors can soak their feet into the water to get rid of some skin and joint diseases. Much more than that, while relaxing in the warm water, you can also have an opportunity to enjoy the pristine and natural scenery.
The service costs for adults and children are respectively 40.000 VND and 30.000 VND. This service can be found in Suoi Mo Lake (Hồ Suối Mơ) and Hanoi – Hue – Saigon Lake (Hồ Hà Nội – Huế – Sài Gòn), which allows you soak in the mineral springs as long as you want.
- Boiling Eggs
An interesting point in Binh Chau hot springs is that there are wells to boil eggs directly. The price is 5000 VND / egg, and you have to borrow the basket to boil eggs for 10-15 minutes.
- Mineral Mud Bath
Mineral mud bath will help nourish the skin, cure some skin and neurological diseases. In particular, the physician will check your pulse directly for free.
The scenery in Binh Chau hot springs is very fresh. After participating in the activities above, you can move to the Bang Stream (Suối Bang) to visit the zoo and see various animals, such as bears, monkeys, pythons, porcupines, and eagles. Besides, do not forget to participate in other activities such as playing volleyball, swimming, and so on.
III. What To Eat In Binh Chau Hot Springs?
Eating is always something that many visitors care about when traveling. The restaurant in Binh Chau hot springs tourist area offers seafood and many other dishes at an affordable price. If you have time, you can go to Binh Chau Market or Xuyen Moc Market nearby to enjoy some real local dishes and buy gifts for family or friends.
IV. How To Go To Binh Chau Hot Springs
Binh Chau mineral springs and Ho Coc Beach are quite close. The journey from Saigon (Sài Gòn) to Binh Chau Hot Spring is about 150km. If you depart from Ba Ria – Vung Tau city, simply go along Highway 55 for about 55km to reach the hot springs.
The following are specific instructions:
1. Depart From Vung Tau
The distance from Vung Tau to Binh Chau is about 70km, so you can go by motorbike, car or bus.
- By motorbike or private car: You follow the direction of National Highway 51 to Vung Tau city, then go along Highway 55. When you see the signposts, just turn left and go 3 km further to reach Binh Chau hot springs.
- By bus: Take the bus number 4 which departs from Vung Tau bus station to Binh Chau bus station, and then take a taxi or motorbike taxi to go for about 5 km to reach Binh Chau hot springs.
2. Depart From Saigon
The distance from Saigon to Binh Chau Hot Spring is about 150km, so you can travel by motorbike, car or coach.
- By motorbike or private car: Follow the route through Cat Lai ferry (Phà Cát Lái) or go along Highway 51 to get to Vung Tau. After following Highway 55, you will see signposts to Binh Chau hot springs as mentioned above.
- By coach: Catch the coach departing from Mien Dong bus station (Bến Xe Miền Đông) to Xuyen Moc (Xuyên Mộc). Look for coach companies named Phuong Trang (Phương Trang), Hoa Mai (Hoa Mai), or Thien Phu (ThiênPhú). Then, take the bus and go about 18km further to reach Binh Chau. Finally, take a taxi or motorbike taxi for 5 km to get to the hot springs.
V. Where To Stay In Binh Chau Hot Springs
The system of hotels and motels in Binh Chau is plentiful in both quantity and quality, with the price ranging from 400.000VND to 500.000VND / room.
If you want to stay in luxurious accommodation, there are large villas here with the price of about VND 4 million per night. Depending on the budget as well as the purpose of your trip, choose for yourself the most appropriate option.
In Binh Chau, there are 5 hotel clusters: Binh Tam area (Khu Bình Tâm), Hoa Anh Dao area (Hoa Anh o), Binh Minh area (Khu Bình Minh), Binh An area (Khu Bình An), and VuonCau area (Khu Vườn Cau).
Here are some hotels and resorts near the Binh Chau Hot Spring which chose and appreciated by many tourists:
- Hodota Resort Center in Nuoc Man Bridge (Cầu Nước Mặn), Highway 55, Binh Chau, Ho Coc, Vung Tau: The lowest room rate is 41 USD / night.
- Long Chau Resort (Khu nghỉ dưỡng Long Châu) in Binh Thang Hamlet (Thôn Bình Thăng), Binh Chau, Ho Coc, Vung Tau: The lowest room rate is 13USD / night.
- T&T Ho Tram Hotel in Ho Tram Hamlet, XuyenMoc, Ho Tram, Vung Tau: The lowest room rate is 12USD / night.
- Huong Tuyet Motel (Nhà nghỉ Hương Tuyết) in National Highway 55, Bong Trang Commune (Xã Bông Trang), Xuyen Moc, Vung Tau: The lowest room rate is 10 USD / night.
- Long Chau Motel (Nhà nghỉ Long Châu) in Binh Chau Commune, Xuyen Moc District, Ho Coc, Vung Tau: The lowest room rate is 8 USD / night.
VI. Service Price In Binh Chau Hot Springs
The private hot shower costs 300.000VND / hour for 10 persons and 200.000VND / hour for 7 persons at Suoi Mo Lake (Hồ Suối Mơ) and Que Huong Lake (Hồ Quê Hương).
If you take a hotshower in a communal area, the fare is 10.000VND / hour for children and 20.000VND / hour for adults.
The mineral mud bath costs 90.000VND / person.
Activities like crocodile fishing and driving horse/cart carriage will cost you about 50.000VND – 80.000VND / 6 people.
Now, after reading some guidelines about Binh Chau Hot Springs travel guide, is it interesting enough to promote you pack your luggage and book a vacation at this site this weekend? If yes, do not hesitate to share your experience with us below this post.
By Van Tran
Leave a Reply