- 1. Duck and Fermented Tofu
- 2. Ninh Kieu Fermented Fish Sauce Hotpot
- 3. Pangasius and Mangrove Apple Soup
- 4. Sesarma Mederi and Tamarind Stir-Fried
- 5. Can Tho Cống cake
- 6. Can Tho Purple Sticky Rice Cake
- 7. Cai Rang Grilled Pork Rolls
- 8. Can Tho Crispy Pancake
- 9. Sa Đéc Dry Noodles
- 10. Grilled Snails With Pepper
What to eat in Can Tho and where can you eat that? It is the question that quite a lot of tourists wonder when coming to Can Tho. Tourists can experience the people of the river’s daily life, visit famous places and enjoy Can Tho one-of-a-kind specialities. To have an exciting and complete trip to Can Tho, here are some food suggestions and detailed addresses for you. Take a look to choose your best place and have a great time in the beautiful Can Tho.
Can Tho Cuisine – What & Where to Enjoy in Can Tho, Vietnam?
1. Duck and Fermented Tofu – Vịt nấu Chao
– Address: Alley 1, Ly Tu Trong street, next to block III, Can Tho University
– Opening hours: 8 am – 10 pm
– Price ranges: VND 45,000 – VND 220,000 (~$2 ~$9.5)
Duck and Fermented Tofu is a typical delicious dish of Southern region, especially in Can Tho. This dish is not elegant in look, but it is quite popular because of its flavourful taste. A pot of duck and fermented tofu soup is served with noodles and raw vegetables. In particular, this dish is enjoyed in the cool winter weather will be much better. Many travel companies have put Duck and Fermented Tofu on the menu as an unskippable Can Tho Food.
2. Ninh Kieu Fermented Fish Sauce Hotpot – Lẩu Mắm Ninh Kiều
– Address: Ninh Kieu 2 Hotel, 3 Avenue Hoa Binh, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
– Opening hours: 10 am – 10 pm
– Price ranges from VND 50,000 to VND 200,000 (~$2 ~$9)
Fermented Fish Sauce Hot Pot is a dish that contains all the flavour of the western river. This kind of fish sauce is a unique feature of Can Tho cuisine that is unmistakable. This hotpot is perfect when serving with raw vegetables. You should enjoy this dish in the cool weather and feel the spiciness of chilli as well as the salty taste of the fish broth. It is best to sit and chat with family or friends while having and sharing this hotpot.
3. Pangasius and Mangrove Apple Soup – Canh Cá Tra trái bần
– Address: Lua Nep restaurant, Hau river alluvial ground, Cai Khe, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
– Opening hours: 7:00 – 9:00
– Price ranges from VND 50,000 to VND 200,000 (~$2 ~$9)
Can Tho cuisine with Mangrove Apple becomes more and more popular not only with the locals but also tourists near and far. The mangrove apple is also used to make the famous Can Tho Hotpot. The sour taste of the mangrove apple is very delicate that unforgettable. You can enjoy this dish with rice or noodles. On rainy days, the pot of sour pangasius and mangrove apple is wonderful.
4. Sesarma Mederi and Tamarind Stir-Fried – Ba khía rang me
– Address: Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Thoi Binh Ward, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
– Opening hours: 9 am – 10 pm
– Price ranges from VND 50,000 to VND 100,000 (~$2 ~$5)
This delicacy is eaten only in some seasons. The Sesarma Mederi are crispy and delicious while having a sour and rich taste. Coming to Can Tho without enjoying the Sesarma Mederi and Tamarind Stir-Fried dish is really a miss for your trip. According to the tourist experience in the West, visitors should come to Can Tho in the flooding season. This is the best time to enjoy many delicious Can Tho foods which are only available at the season. It’s also an ideal time to explore many unique destinations.
5. Can Tho Cống cake – Bánh Cống Cần Thơ
– Address: 86/38 Ly Tu Trong, An Cu Ward, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
– Opening: 9 am – 9.30 pm
– Price: 10,000 VND – 30,000 VND (~$0.5 ~$1.5)
Can Tho is famous for many delicious local cakes which are also a favourite afternoon snack for people. The Cống cake is made mainly from flour, green beans and shrimp. The cake is eaten with sweet and sour sauce and vegetables such as lettuce, mustard greens, lettuce and basil. Just by looking at, it is fascinating enough for you to want to enjoy right away. This is a rich dish of both taste and colour.
6. Can Tho Purple Sticky Rice Cake – Bánh Tét lá cẩm Cần Thơ
– Address: Near Cai Rang floating market, An Binh, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
– Price fluctuates: 55,000 VND/pack – 100,000 VND/pack (~$2.5 ~$5)
Bánh Tét is a traditional sticky rice cake in Can Tho that many tourists know and love to enjoy as well as buy as gifts when visiting Can Tho. Bánh Tét is also known as another version of Chưng cake. This Can Tho cake is unique because of the purple colour from the wrapping leaves. Anyone who enjoys this cake will feel the elasticity and fresh sweet taste of the glutinous rice and the deliciousness from the salted egg.
7. Cai Rang Grilled Pork Rolls – Nem Nướng Cái Răng
– Address: 17 Hòa Bình, Tân An, Ninh Kiều, Cần Thơ
– Opening hours: 8:00 – 22:00
– Price ranges from VND 50,000 to VND 110,000 (~$2 ~$5)
It is necessary to mention Cai Rang grilled pork rolls. This dish is made from ground pork then rolled into balls, and grilled over charcoal. After roasting, the rolls will turn to golden colour and smell extraordinary with delicious taste along with the attractive juicy look. Enjoy the grilled rolls with a glass of fresh cool beer will be your most comfortable experience ever.
8. Can Tho Crispy Pancake – Bánh Xèo Cần Thơ
Address: 45 Hoang Quoc Viet, Cai Son Hang Bang, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
Opening hours: 7:30 – 22:00
Price ranges from VND 50,000 to VND 110,000 (~$2 ~$5)
Can Tho food list has never completed if there is no Can Tho Crispy Pancake. Bánh Xèo Cần Thơ is a typical dish of the west countryside. The pancakes have a rich flavour of minced meat, fresh shrimp with raw vegetables and fish sauce. The combination will be outstanding and memorable. Walking around Can Tho City, enjoying the bustling atmosphere, and enjoying flavourful of west pancakes is very enjoyable.
9. Sa Đéc Dry Noodles – Hủ tiếu khô Sa Đéc
– Address: 12 Pham Ngu Lao, Ninh Kieu, Can Tho
– Opening hours: 7:00 – 15:00
– Price ranges from VND 20,000 to VND 30,000 (~$1 ~$1.5)
Sa Dec dry noodles are one of Can Tho delicacies that impress every visitors who give it a try. The noodles are long and called as Hủ Tiếu, which is really different from Bun or Pho. Each bowl of noodles contains hearts, livers, pork, a little more chives, finely chopped lettuce and some onions. In particular, these noodles are served with a dark yellow sauce to create a delicious and different flavours for this dish.
10. Grilled Snails With Pepper – Ốc nướng tiêu
– Address: 43 Xô Viết Nghệ Tĩnh, Ninh Kiều, Cần Thơ
– Opening hours: 16:00 – 22:00
– Price ranges: VND 50,000 – VND 350,000 (~$2 ~$15)
Can Tho cuisine is famous for grilled snail with pepper. This snack dish is popular with most young people. Grilled snails on the charcoal are usually seasoned with spices, aromatic pepper and laksa leaves. All the spices combine and create a really delicious and attractive flavour. When enjoying, you will feel spicy on the tongue as well as the salty sweetness that is enough fascinated you sense.
Hopefully, our information above can help you choose delicious Can Tho foods to enjoy with friends and family. Coming to Can Tho, you definitely have to try these delightful west dishes to have your most unique experiences. If you need more information, don’t hesitate, leave a comment below. Wish you have lots of fun and a great safe trip in Vietnam.
Leave a Reply