Is Bai Sao beach (Star Beach) really a heaven in Phu Quoc Island? According to many tourists, under the realistic experience of them in Phu Quoc, it is said that Bai Sao is considered one of the best beach in Vietnam, when it comes to landscape, the quality of sea water and sand, tourist density, etc. If you are wondering which beaches to choose to visit in Vietnam, then Bai Sao beach may be the most suitable choice for your family’s trip to Phu Quoc.
Bai Sao beach belongs to An Thoi district and is located about 25 km from Duong Dong town – the capital of Phu Quoc, Kien Giang Province, Vietnam. This destination boasts its white powdery sand, swaying palm trees, turquoise clear water, and jungle backdrop. Its relaxed tropical lifestyle, unspoilt nature, quiet beach, abundant amenities and convenient acess to the An Thoi archipelago make it a perfect place for a short trip. You can send you whole vacation on Phu Quoc Island on this beach and it will not let you disappointed.
Setting food on Bai Sao beach, as a tourist, you will find ecstatic with its amazingly unspoiled beauty plus with clearly blue sea water throughout the year. It deserves to be an ideal rendezvous for tourists who want to relax when traveling to Phu Quoc. The innocent and pristine beauty of Bai Sao beach is like the beauty of pubertal girl who is making up and dressing for her best.
The majority of beaches in Phu Quoc have waves in the summer. Therefore, a large number of tourists often choose Bai Sao beach for their vacations to enjoy smooth sand, calm waves, and its specific position. Sitting on the seaside, you can witness some rolling waves that leap over each other, then rush out to the sea and mix with the sea water. After coming back to your hometown, you will surely miss the flat and calm sea surface, the sun and the wind of Bai Sao beach, the voices and laughter of tourists. All of them combine together to create a harmonious symphony of peace among the spectacular and immense sea. This unforgettable experience is hardly achieved in other places.
As one of impressive and enchanting Phu Quoc island attractions, Bai Sao beach with its amazing wilderness attracts tourists worldwide. This beautiful beach does not have many modern facilities and shops, but some loungers which scatter on the beach and green hammocks that sway in the huts which are thatched with coconut leaves. Tourists can use them to enjoy the awesome landscape on Bai Sao beach. The beauty of Bai Sao beach is still natural. The sand here does not have yellow color as that in Nha Trang beach or dark yellow as that in Vung Tau, but smooth and pure white color.
Two gentle mountain ranges enclose Bai Sao beach, thereby bringing a quiet space and fresh air for this beach. Right here, you will be able to enjoy peaceful moments by walking leisurely along the seaside, watching the sunrise in the early morning, or taking light sunshine streaks at the end of the day.
Enjoying the sea breeze here will definitely give a sense of relaxation, which is enough comfortable for tired tourists to recline their back on swaying hammocks and immerse themselves in a dreamless sleep steadily.
Bai Sao beach receives a large number of tourists and local people visiting in summer days. There are some activities that you can enjoy in Bai Sao beach, which are:
- Scuba diving
- Eating seafood on the seashore from vendors which are not too expensive.
How To Get To Bai Sao?
You can take a plane to Phu Quoc then rent a motorbike to Bai Sao beach, which is about 25km from the town. Alternatively, you can rent a canoe or boat to go by sea.
When Should You Go To Bai Sao?
The best time to visit Phu Quoc, in general, and Sao beach, in particular, is during the dry season, around November to March or from mid-April to June.
How Long Should You Visit Bai Sao?
You should spend about 1 day to fully rest in Bai Sao Beach. Spend time enjoying the pristine fresh air and fresh seafood here. The duration of the visit often lasts from 1 to 2 days.
What Is Bai Sao’s Address?
It is about 25 km from the center of Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc Island, Kien Giang province.
Tips When Traveling To Bai Sao Beach
It can be said that Bai Sao is a heaven – one of the most famous beaches on the beautiful Phu Quoc Island. This beach is a favorite site that many families and couples who love tranquil and private space opt for to have a holiday. Here are some tips and suggestions when traveling to Bai Sao:
- If you join the coral reef watching tours, you can witness small fishes, needle fish or squid by yourself. In the north and south of the beach, you can see coral reefs. If you visit Bai Sao beach in September or October, you can have a greater chance to see sea stars and urchins.
- The road to Bai Sao is rather rugged, so you may have to spend some time to get there.
- During summer months (from May to October), the sea at Bai Sao beach is much more calm because winds have rotated to the island’s western side. On the other hand, from late October to early May (during winter months), the winds will come back and the sea features with more waves, particularly during the mid-day.
- Some resorts and guesthouses rent kayaks, beach loungers, sailboards, snorkel and masks, jet skis. There are also showers.
- Sometimes, Bai Sao is also crowded. In this case, you should visit the beach in the early morning, prior to the arrival of tour buses, or late in the daily afternoon.
- In the far north and south of the beach, you can follow the trails created by local people to explore the forest.
- For aquatic sports and activities, all beach resorts have a canoe renting service.
There, you have found the most detailed answer for the question: Is Bai Sao the best beach on Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam? If you are looking for an untouched and secluded beach, the Bai Sao Beach is your perfect choice!
Want to know more about the awesome Phu Quoc Island? Feel free to head on over to our guide on things to do in Phu Quoc Island, which we emphasize the best of the best.